Thursday, May 29, 2008

Paramount Pictures Reads B. Toombs' Blog!

Having my finger on the pulse of Hollywood as I do (or does Hollywood have its finger on my pulse?) I am happy to announce that less than 24 hours after my warning against over zealous studios opening the floodgates on ill-conceived tack ons to old movie franchises (see below), Paramount pictures has announced plans to revive the "Beverly Hills Cop" franchise with Eddie Murphy attached to reprise his role as Axel Foley and guess who???? Brett Ratner is attached to direct.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117986558.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Not only did I predict a tidal wave of new franchise films rolling out in lieu of Indy 4's commercial success (see below) but also identified Brett Ratner as a probable accomplice to this rash decision making (see a bit farther below, "Godfather 4" )

Now it's not impressive that I predicted a bunch of new franchise films frantically being pushed out to capitilize on Indy's success but the fact that less than 24 hours ago I spoke out against the "slippery slope" old franchise revivals, Paramount shoves it in my face by announcing plans to produce another film from a mediocre 80's franchise. Seems to me, my suspicions are dead on! Just wait, The Godfather 4 starring Lauren Conrad coming soon to theatres....

If "Beverly Hills Cop 4" wants any chance at success, two words: Judge Reinhold

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Carnival Truck needs a big 'Toldja!' sign on it

About Me

B. Toombs says "You just gotta do whatever." He is opinionated. He lives in Los Angeles, CA and likes iced tea.